• 1 lb. flank steak
• 1 tbsp. oil
• kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 white or red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 8 slices provolone
• 4 large Smartfoods tortilla wraps
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush steak with oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook steak until pink just disappears in the middle, 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest, 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, cook onions and peppers until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Thinly slice steak across the grain and transfer back to skillet. Top with sliced Provolone and cover until cheese is melty, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Fill tortillas with steak mixture, wrap tightly, and serve.
• 8 – 12 Smartfood tortillas
• 1½ lbs ground beef or ground lamb
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• tex-mex seasoning, see recipe below
• 1 cup water
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 – 12?3 cups shredded cheese
• shredded leafy greens
• 2 avocados
• 1 – 2 tomatoes, diced
• 8 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 lime, the juice
• salt and pepper
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons paprika powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 – 2 teaspoons yellow onions or garlic powder
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. Start by making two batches of low-carb tortilla bread, or thaw them if you have them in the freezer.
2. Bring out the ground beef a while before frying. Cold ground beef will cool down the frying pan and the ground beef will be boiled and not fried. The latter tastes a lot better.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the ground beef. Fry for at least 10 minutes.
4. Add the taco seasoning, water and salt and stir. Let simmer until most of the water is gone.
5. In the meantime, make the salsa from diced avocado, diced tomatoes, freshly squeezed lime juice, olive oil and a couple of handfuls of fresh cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve in tortilla bread, with shredded cheese and shredded leafy greens.