For a low-carb, summer spin on taco night, you’ll love these Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats filled with seasoned ground turkey and topped with a Mexican cheese blend.
• 4 medium (32 ounces) zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise
• 1/2 cup mild salsa
• 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp oregano
• 1/2 small onion, minced
• 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
• 4 oz can tomato sauce
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
• 1/4 cup chopped scallions or cilantro, for topping
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place 1/4 cup of salsa in the bottom of a large baking dish.
3. Using a small spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of the zucchini halves, leaving 1/4-inch thick shell on each half.
4. Chop the scooped out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces and set aside 3/4 of a cup to add to the taco filling, (squeeze excess water with a paper towel) discarding the rest or save to use in another recipe.
5. Drop zucchini halves in boiling water and cook 1 minute. Remove from water.
6. Brown turkey in a large skillet, breaking up while it cooks. When no longer pink add the spices and mix well.
7. Add the onion, bell pepper, reserved zucchini, tomato sauce and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
8. Using a spoon, fill the hollowed zucchini boats dividing the taco meat equally, about 1/3 cup in each, pressing firmly.
9. Top each with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through.
10. Top with scallions and serve with salsa on the side.
Preheat broiler. Spray cast-iron or nonstick pan with olive oil-based cooking spray, and place in oven for 1 to 2 minutes. Cut fish into equal proportions, and arrange in a single layer in preheated pan. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mix well, and pour over fish. Broil 10 to 12 minutes about 2 inches from heat, turning once and basting several times. Fish flakes easily with a fork when it is done. Add onion salt for flavor.
Fish, halibut, Atlantic and Pacific, raw
Cal: 309 C: 0.00g P: 63.10g F: 4.52g Fib: 0.00g
Soup, chicken broth, canned, condensed
Cal: 19 C: 0.47g P: 2.78g F: 0.65g Fib: 0.00g
Soy sauce made from soy (tamari)
Cal: 7 C: 0.67g P: 1.26g F: 0.01g Fib: 0.10g
Cal: 1 C: 0.14g P: 0.01g F: 0.01g Fib: 0.04g
Oil, olive, salad or cooking
Cal: 40 C: 0.00g P: 0.00g F: 4.50g Fib: 0.00g
Spices, ginger, ground
Cal: 3 C: 0.64g P: 0.08g F: 0.04g Fib: 0.13g